A creative juice bar, as it were...

Welcome to the C-Force! This is a forum designed to inspire and foster creativity by creating accountability. The participants exchange creative assignments, whether of art, prose, poetry, or music, and a deadline is associated to ensure that the assignment is finished.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Braptor




As in, the bass-raptor. I don't know.

Okay, so I was super busy this week, so I wasn't able to actually sit down and work this up until Friday (actually, I did something Wednesday, but that was too boring so I had to scrap it). Thus, all I have is simple line art (though I'm not sure if I could've done much better with any other medium). Shame on me.

Explanation: I didn't feel like getting overly technical, so I'll just point out what I thought was important and the rest is standard.
THE BODY:
(A) is the bottom strap anchor. It is position adjustable along that edge. The shading at the back there signifies a depression in which the strap may reside if the player desires. (B) is one option for the other anchor, but another is seen in the neck picture. (C): four knobs! I have no idea what I'd do with them, but I'd go through the trouble to figure out what they are supposed to do! Also, a switch to go along with them and with (D), three pickups. (E), the neck, is not detailed here but instead is in the next picture...
THE NECK:
The neck was originally conceived as a tongue, but a bird with a long tongue sticking out? Weird. I could've made a reptile, I suppose (the chamelebass?) but the bird is cool and so the neck sits visibly separate, like the knobs and pickups and such. Simple standard wood fretboard and back. Circular fret markers at odds and twelve. In all I'm thinking 23-24 frets, to allow for some meedlying (I've come short on a couple songs). So the picture is boring, but I included what I think is a novel idea: a sliding lockable strap anchor, for when you want to tap while standing (which I find a little hard otherwise). As you might have noticed in the other pictures, this is a five-string bass. I actually want the neck a little wider than standard to avoid pulling the top and bottom strings over the edge when I'm careless.
THE HEAD:
Pretty self-explanatory. It's a feather (If the neck were a tongue, this part would just look gross). The curvature could be a problem, but I doubt it.

I guess a dragon with a neck of flame might have worked as well.

Anyway, perhaps not my best work, but here it is. I didn't mention anything about equipment beyond the bass because I don't care right now.

There you go.
Sincerely, David

1 comment:

  1. haha nice man! i like i like! i think you should develop that further when you have time. good ideas for sure.

    ReplyDelete