A creative juice bar, as it were...

Welcome to the C-Force! This is a forum designed to inspire and foster creativity by creating accountability. The participants exchange creative assignments, whether of art, prose, poetry, or music, and a deadline is associated to ensure that the assignment is finished.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Shootout

Here it is Dave,
So it's pretty rough still. But I kinda like it. I wrote it to that one song that has that kind of country beat. You know....that one....
Oh, and I will record it and post it. I haven't had time to do it yet, but I will.
Anyways.

Shootout

El Paso, Texas on a dead end street
With a scarlet sun a-settin' underneath her feet.
Her hand was quick and her eye was mean,
Little did I know she'd be the death o' me.

She said, "I'm shootin' to kill." I said, "I'm ready to die."
From the fiery tongued chamber let the bullets fly.
Now I been shot before through my heart and through my head,
But never like that...I said:

(CHORUS)
Na na na na na na na
na na na na na
na na na na na

(repeat CHORUS)

A gunslinger's heart's gotta be nonexistant,
Buried waaaaaaay deep, where he'll never miss it.
Oh she dug it up like there was nothin' to it,
And shot it to pieces and before I knew it
I said:

(CHORUS 2x)

(BRIDGE)
I drew first but I shot last.
Oh my life's luck's lost, she was fatally fast.
She blew my heart
Awayyyyyy
So I say:

(CHORUS repeated approximately 10,038,520 times with some sick instrumentals a la Hey Jude)

Tell me what you think!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm... Interesting. I like it, especially picturing you bouncing up and down while singing it and playing. I gotta say, though, that it probably doesn't get justice from just seeing the lyrics written out. This song appears driven by melody, so I think when I hear it, I will really be impressed.

    ReplyDelete